Do what you love, love what you do. That’s our dogma. We – Dan Merchant & Emily Randolph – are a husband-and-wife team who have combined our love for dogs, travel, writing, photography and philanthropy to create children’s picture books.
We also combine our luxury marketing expertise with our passion for storytelling to produce unique projects for corporate clients. Our books help companies communicate their brand’s distinctive points, building great memories and furthering their goals through authentic storytelling and original photo illustrations.
Philanthropy is in our Bones.®
The idea for our business began when we donated a children’s book manuscript, Dogs Are… Just Like You! to pet therapy organization, Gabriel’s Angels, for their Therapy Teams and as a fundraising tool. The book has just been launched for the Teams and debuted at the charity’s 2013 annual fundraising breakfast with approximately 1200 guests in attendance.
When you buy books from us, you will be pawing-it-forward for our charities of choice. In return, we hope we bring you great joy and entertainment.
- Support philanthropic causes relating to pet therapy and animal rescue
- Employ our expertise in pet travel
- Apply our knowledge of luxury marketing
- Assist companies in reinforcing their brands through authentic storytelling
OUR SIGNATURE PORTFOLIO
- Our ‘King’s Life’ series promotes our company’s goals & supports select charities:
It’s a King’s Life in Phoenix debuted, by invitation, at The Phoenician Resort’s 2013 Easter Brunch extravaganza with over 1,000 people in attendance. The project has evolved into a partnership for more books and events. It’s a King’s Life in Phoenix is part of the Funician’s kids’ program and is sold at retail in their gift shop.
It’s a King’s Life in Carmel-by-the-Sea is in partnership with the Cypress Inn and includes book readings and a signature annual ‘dog-themed’ brunch. The book is for sale at registration, as well as at retail shops in Carmel.
- Dogs Are…. Just Like You! was donated in full to pet therapy charity Gabriel’s Angels, reaching over 13,500 at-risk children annually. The book is endorsed by PetSmart and was just launched at their annual fundraising breakfast with 1,200 guests in attendance. Two additional sequels are planned.
- In total we have published six books.
- Emily and Dan will work with companies to tailor make creative publishing projects. Please contact them for more information.
Please visit our bookstore or click titles below to buy:
NEWLY UNLEASHED: It’s a King’s Life in Phoenix: